Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Envelope System

Envelopes are a wonder for many things in my eyes! I love the internet but I still love sending letters and notes the old fashion way! So personal. BUT one of my favorite uses for envelopes are using them to save money! I'm in the process of setting my envelope system up for this coming year. I'll label them and start stashing money in them a few times a month. A few that I'll be doing this year are for birthdays, vacations and Christmas! Those are what I'll be starting with but I have a few idea's for a couple others. Put them somewhere you won't see and won't be tempted to sneak back from! Its a great way to save for those bigger expenses and not have to worry about money when they arrive!

We hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Can't believe we are already in 2010! Where has the time gone??? We are back in blogging action and hope you are too! We also LOVE having guest posters so let us know if you are interested! We'd love to hear your idea's too!!

4 comments:

Taylor said...

saving money? We don't know about that in this household. I use envelopes to organize my coupons. I also like to cut pictures out of calendars and make my own envelopes with them.

da franks said...

my mom and sister just did a cool thing for their New Year's resolutions...they went to Michaels and got a huge, plain white piggy bank and decorated it with a traveling theme. They made a list of everything they want to do on a regular basis and attached a dollar amount to them. Whenever they check something off the list, the money goes in the bank. They get to empty it at the end of the year and go on vacation with the money... just hope they cross off a lot so they don't end up camping in their back yard!!!

valerie said...

What a cute idea!!! I think that could work for me so I wouldnt' want to smash the pretty little piggy to get the money out! I have a bad habit of starting to save and then "borrowing" ( as in I'll pay this back-yeah right!) from myself.

Alycia said...

Yeah I'm going to make my envelopes all pretty but we are house sitting and babysitting so I'm not home to work on them or take any pics of them. I will make another one for coupons too! Good idea!