Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Project of the month

This past summer we added onto our house and remodeled our kitchen. It really turned out great, if I do say so myself. The living room and kitchen look great, the bathrooms have a fresh coat of paint, the kids room are for the most part clean (ok, ok, we're not sure what's growing in the corner of Tyler's room but we're working on it!) and then we have our family room.
I can't believe I am showing you these pictures! What the heck happened to this room you say? I'm not really sure. One day before Christmas all was well and cozy in this room. Cuddle up on the couch with a book and some cocoa. Break out a board game to play. Now it looks like winter and a few other things threw up in it! There are hats and gloves and helmets and snow mobile clothing. Everywhere. A clothes basket and a cupboard from the laundry room. I didn't even show you the corner where we have a color copier and some free lamps I got this summer. (yes, I really am going to do something with them!). It's become the dumping ground for "I don't really know what to do with this, I'll just put it in the family room." ACK!
So this is my plan. I'm really hoping I can stick with this, as I know that we still have to finish the mud room and put up trim (and that's a whole other post!) and keep up with the rest of the house too. I want to turn this back into the cozy place it once was and maybe even turn those lamps into working ones too. Then at the end of the month I'll come back and show you guys what it really does look like when it's clean and actually has a purpose again. I'm also going to try and re purpose what I already have so I won't have to spend any money on this project.
Ok everyone, get out there and start your own project of the month!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I put a picture of my desk on my blog once. Scared me so bad I actually cleaned it :)

The next week back to zero again but at least I tried.

da franks said...

I am with ya. I have a lot of trouble or as I call them "hot spots" in our house. I have a goal this year of at least making a place for everything. If it doesn't have a home, it goes. That way, I have no excuse to have something sitting out, cluttering a counter or tv stand.

valerie said...

Natalie- I have been a lot better about throwing out things when I haven't used them. Now if only I could get the hubby to do the same!

Alycia said...

That's what I've been trying to do too. If it doesn't have a spot then I need to just get rid of it! I did a TON of cleaning today and that's what I was trying to stick with :)