Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Friday, December 18, 2009

**EASY** Embroidering




I have wanted to embroider my own stockings for YEARS. I wish I would have known how easy it was because I would have done this a long time ago. I took our stockings and LIGHTLY wrote our names in pen. The pen is really hard to get out so make sure it looks good. They do have fabric pens for light or dark fabric that wash away with water but I couldn't find any that worked on the velvet I was using. I then used this easy chain stitch and traced over our names. I think they turned out well... not too bad for my first time embroidering. Click on the link at the bottom of this post for a video that shows you how. The key is to make sure you are keeping your thread to the side and coming up through the middle of your chain. These stockings look cute hung above our fireplace and it makes it feel much more like Christmas. We even decided to use this as our backdrop for our Christmas cards. I love being able to make something and then show it off. Here is the video!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

3 comments:

valerie said...

Oh my gosh that is soo cute Taylor! Thanks for sharing!!

Alycia said...

I agree! It looks awesome and what a cute family picture!!!

Tina said...

The Holiday is over and I am so missing your blog