Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas cards

***The winner of the Ella Bella Bows is.....TAYLOR! Thanks for commenting Taylor. Alycia will send those out to you lickety split!****


It's that time of year again where it's time to send out those Christmas cards and share with those what's been going on in our lives. It's nice to see how the kids have grown, and what fun things have been happening through out the year. I try and send them out in the early weeks of December because if I wait too long then I'll get too bogged down with other things and they never get done.

In my quest to have some cute cards I try and convince my kiddos to participate and pose for a nice Christmas picture that we can share with friends and family. Easier said then done! Lot's of begging and threats (no dinner for a month! Your grounded for life!) to bribing, (candy for dinner, all you can eat!). Finally this year I came up with something that didn't require them to all be looking at the camera. Hubby and his family are huge hunting fanatics I like to say and I thought it would be fun to do something that had to do with hunting. This is what I came up with and the kids actually had fun acting it out.
*Disclaimer: Of course we would never hunt santa with actual bullets or anything. Just marshmellows and candy cane ropes. *
So how do you do your Christmas cards? Family photo? Home made? Cute box from a store?

4 comments:

Taylor said...

I LOVE IT! I do my x-mas cards myself and just add words onto the picture in picasa. Just like yours. Cute idea! By the way.. I'm sooooo glad I won. No offense but this is really working out for my benefit.. people not commenting and all..... COME ON EVERYONE.. LEAVE SOME COMMENTS!!! Totally not yelling just trying to motivate people to leave a comment when they look :)

Alycia said...

Watch out Santa!!! I love the card and will be waiting for mine in the mail :)

dfrank said...

Ok, I'll try again. I love this one Val. I have made comments but for some reason they don't go through. I love you blogs and your guest bloggers. Keep up the good work, love you guys.

Unknown said...

There is a great eco-friendly and cost effective alternative to traditional Christmas cards from Cooliris. Not only are these cards customizable with your photos, they can be updated throughout the holiday season. Anyone accessing the card will get up to date photos that you add to keep them in synch with the holidays as they unfold. In four easy steps you can have a 3-D immersive holiday card to share: http://tinyurl.com/yzo6lp3