Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas collections

I was thinking the other day about how collections come about and what and why people start them. I have a friend who collects Santa clauses. Big, small, silly. Some would say I have a Christmas collection. I do have a lot of Christmas things. I can't help it. I LOVE Christmas! The lights, the colors, the music. Since I have been a little girl I have loved to look at Christmas villages. A little town stuck in a snowy winter wonderland. See the kids sledding down a snowy hill. Peek inside a little cabin and see the little family sitting down at the table.

When I was first married I mentioned how I loved these little villages so and there became my start of a collection of Christmas houses. Everyone started to add to my little town until is grew and grew and now it's out grown my house! The picture below is NOT my own, but isn't it pretty? I could look at these little towns for hours and imagine what the people are thinking and doing. I love to look at them when it is dark and the lights are on. I think I have outgrown my village collection or I should say it has outgrown me. My next collection I want to start is the Willow Tree nativity. Of course it has to do with Christmas! :)

So what kind of collections do you all collect if any?

3 comments:

Alycia said...

Yours is huge!!! I have 4 and they are in my bay window on some fluffy 'snow'. I love plugging them in epecially at night and when we have a fire going, so cozy!

dfrank said...

Ahhh, good to know:)

Unknown said...

I wouldn't say its a collection (yet) but I made gingerbread houses with my kids yesterday. I remember making these with my mom as a kid and I know she kept them for years. I don't know if I'll be keeping ours past New Years but it was fun and kept the kids busy for hours.