Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Whats for dinner?


I'm in the dinner slumps girls. What should I make tonight has been going through my mind a lot lately. I've been making my two week menu like usual so I should know what's on the menu for the night. Then I look at it and I'm like eh, doesn't sound good. I think between a kitchen remodel, football for the oldest, drs appointments, and working I've fallen into a slump. Since it has been colder I've been really wanting to make some comfort foods especially with the crockpot but with no electricity in the kitchen that makes it kind of hard. I could plug it in, in the bedroom but...not real fond of smelling like chicken in the place where I sleep. So I'm asking you to post you favorite recipes in the comment section and then I'll pick one and I'll try it out and review it on our blog in a few weeks. So come on girls! Share those recipes. I can't wait to see what you guys have been cooking!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Enchilada casserole: hands down our fav recipe!

Ingred:
1 lb hamburger or chicken breast (shredded)
1 small onion
1 can olives
1 large can refried beans
1 large can enchilada sauce
1 lb of cheese (at least)
6 tortillas

pour enough enchildada sauce to cover the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Brown meat with chopped onion. Pour some enchilada sauce over your meat so it coats the meat. Next you start your layers.

First layer: This will go on top of the enchilada sauce. 2 whole tortillas. Add your meat and 1/2 of your olives. Now put as much cheese as you would like on top of this.

Second layer: 2 tortillas. Heat your beans in a pan with more enchilada sauce in your beans to make it easier to smooth onto the tortillas. Smooth beans onto tortilla's and the rest of the olives. Add more cheese on top.

Third layer: 2 more tortillas with enchilada sauce covering the tortillas. Add even more cheese.

Bake at 350 for 30 min. It is done when it is warmed all the way through and the cheese is melted. No need to cover.

My favorite part about this dish is you can mix it up. If you want spicy, add some jalapenos or green chilis. Or you can even do half and half. You can use black beans or refried beans. Green or Red enchilada sauce. You can have mild or hot enchilada sauce too!

We have this at least twice a week and it never gets old. For a family of four and a husband that eats like a horse we have leftovers the next day too!

Jackson Family said...

I too am in this whatever is quick and easy mood. I have been trying new dishes this past week from bettycrocker.com. One of the family's favorite was Mexican Pasta Bake. It is both easy and yummy. Serve it with warm cornbread and you have a delicious meal!

Mexican Pasta Bake
1/2 lb. ground beef (I used 1 lb.)
2 1/2 c. cooked rigatoni pasta (8 oz.)
1 c. frozen corn (I added more)
1 jar (24 oz) Salsa of your choice
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained & rinsed
1 1/3 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
2 medium roma tomatoes, thinly sliced (I used a can of diced tomatoes)

Mix beef, pasta, corn, salsa and beans together.
Pour 1/2 mixture in casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese.
Place remaining mixture in dish and top with tomato slices and cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as we did!

Alycia said...

Yum! Those both sound really good! I'm going to have to try them too. Always up for a quick and easy meal and if its super yummy then you can't beat that!