Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Hula hoopin' myself slim

A few years ago my mom was working out at Curves. While working out there she was introduced to a 3 pound or so hula hoop! She bought me one and I loved it! I used it but when I got pregnant it made its way to the storage shed. I am happy to report that it is out of storage and being used once again! I love this thing. You can order them here and its a great little work out for your waist. 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night and there you have it! I suggest cutting it by half the first week or so and building up to the 10 minutes. Yes 10 minutes doesn't seem like much but it does give your waist a work out and you will be a little sore in that area (believe me) :) This morning I measured myself and I'm just going to put it out there...33 inches is my starting weight and periodically I'll be sharing what it is when my waist is going down. No I don't believe I'm fat, I think I am average but I would like to firm up a bit!! Who wouldn't, right? Has anyone ever heard of this before???

3 comments:

dfrank said...

33 inches is your starting weight ha ha! Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, I would encourage all to start slowly, not the full ten minutes each time, because you do get sore, may even bruise some. But in no time it really does work. I lost 5 inches off my waist in a year using the hula hoop in combination with Curves.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting hooping again! Those hoops are really clunky and leave you sore because they're not very good for your body - which is why you're only supposed to hoop with one for ten minutes. You might want to try and regular weighted hoop, or even a non-weighted one. You can do a whole lot more with it and have a lot more fun along the way. Check out Hooping.org for more info.

Taylor said...

this sounds like sooo much fun. I would like to start this routine. I think my kids would get a kick out of watching me too!