Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What's for Dinner?

One of my New Years Resolutions was to try a new recipe once a week. It's actually been a lot of fun and has shown my family that that there is more than just meat and potatoes. Some of them have been disasters, but some have actually become family favorites. Last night I tried a recipe from Sandra Lee's semi-homemade cookbook, which honestly, is how I cook a lot of the time. I'd love to prepare some of those yummy but complicated meals but I just don't have the patience or time to do it most days, so this works for me.

Last night I made Italian Baked Pork Chops. They actually turned out pretty good if I do say so myself and most of my family gave them the thumbs up as well. (Tyler's Pork Chop remained naked and free of any weird toppings) Here is the recipe. It's pretty easy to make and doesn't take long to cook either. Sorry, I didn't take any pics. Next time I adventure into the kitchen I will try and remember. Enjoy!

Italian Baked Pork Chops -Sandra Lee cookbook

1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
4 pork center loin chops
salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded parmesean cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with kitchen parchment. (I only had foil) set aside.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, oil,and italian seasoning. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, then brush both sides of the chops with mustard mixture. Press parmesean cheese into both sides of chops.

3. Place chops on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until just cooked through.

The family actually liked these so it went into the thumbs up pile. Yay! We have a winner.

3 comments:

Alycia said...

That sounds really good and easy too. I'm a sucker for easy recipes!!

Taylor said...

I love new recipes for pork chops!! pork chops are one of my favs!

Missty said...

Yummy! Sounds like one to try.