Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Mmmm I can smell that all the way down the road...

Cooking...its one of those things that we do just about every night. I tend to get in a rut and do the same sort of things every week so my husbands new goal for me...I mean my new goal is to do a new recipe once a week. I really am planning on sticking with it but for today I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes that I make regularly and one that I grew up with at home. Lasagna and an easy recipe too!

1/2 lb ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 pkg lasagna noodles
15 oz ricotta cheese
12 oz mozzarella cheese

Brown beef and drain. Add sauce, water and the salt and bring to a boil.

Layer
hot sauce
uncooked noodles
ricotta cheese
mozzarella cheese
Repeat and end with sauce.

Cover with foil and bake at 375 for one hour. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and enjoy!

Makes great for left over lunches as well and my hubby is always glad for something easy and yummy he can heat up quick while at work!

Growing up my mom always made with cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese so if you'd like to try something different and go with cottage cheese just substitute for 1 cup of cottage cheese. :)

So what are some of your favorite recipes??

Hope everyone has a great weekend and check back Monday for something new from Val!

1 comment:

valerie said...

Yum! My favorite recipe is home made mac n cheese. We usually only make it when daddy isn't home. He just doesn't know a good thing!