Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Put that on the list



A few years back while on a girls trip in Seattle I bought these books. At that time I wasn't a huge reader and if the first page hadn't gripped me then I would usually put it back on the book shelf. I know what your thinking...uh hello....at least give it a chapter or two! I love to read but always had a hard time knowing what books to either buy or check out at the library. Also I never really gave the books a chance. I would read a few pages, space out and then think of something else I'd rather be doing. Fast forward a few years and I am now a huge reading addict! I also love reading in the bathtub until I'm a prune and my husband is wondering if I've drowned! Sophie Kinsella books are hilarious. Depending on the book it may take a few chapters for you to really get into it but then you'll be hooked! At the moment I'm reading The Undomestic Goddess. I am always on the search for a good book nowadays and I want to know what your reading! And NO magazines don't count! :)

A few of my other favorites I've read or reread lately (yes I enjoy rereading but depends on the book).

Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
The Twilight Saga (reread all of the books for the 4th time...yes I realize I am obsessed!)

I have my list of books I've read and also want to read but at the moment it grew legs and has escaped from me!

So what's on your list?

5 comments:

Taylor said...

I really enjoyed reading Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and it's sequal Catching Fire that just came out last summer. The third book Mockingjay will be released this year (I think) and the first movie will be out in 2011

Taylor said...

I almost forgot about the Pretties, Uglies, and Specials
3 series book by scott westerfield. This series and the previous series are Young adult books which are my fav.. I like easy reads!

Unknown said...

Most recently read (and reread):

Henry's List of Wrongs - by Shepherd (can't remember the first name)
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet - Jamie Ford
Bel Canto - Ann Pachett
Kate Morton is excellent, my two favorites are:
The House at Riverton
The Forgotten Garden
I bought the last two in London so the titles may be different versus the US versions.

Classics:
Wuthering Heights - Bronte
The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)
The Catcher in the Rye

I also really like the Outlander Series by Diana Gabalon (there are 7 so far). Very bath worthy (but huge 700 plus page) books :)
The first is Cross Stitch (again that's the UK title and it's different for the US).

I have a small book problem!

Unknown said...

Sorry that's Diana Gabaldon

Alycia said...

I've heard that Hunger Games are really good! I'll have to check out the other ones too!!! Thanks girls!