Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Going to the Pediatrician

Today I'm going to talk about something different. I want to talk about children getting sick. Yesterday I took my daughter's temperature and it was 99.7 so I was watching her careful because she was burning up, yet she was still very happy. This morning was a little bit of a different story, her temperature was 102.0. I took her into see her Pediatrician and asked the Dr if she was running a fever because she has now cut her fourth tooth. Also I asked that about her ears because she has been tugging on them. He said that it wasn't because of her tooth and that he believed her to have a virus. So the first thing they did was check her for Swine Flu. As I was impatiently waiting for the results a few different questions popped into my mind. When she cuts a tooth she tugs on her ears or sometimes she will have a fever. So why is it that the Dr's say that they have a virus and it has no connection with them teething? Do they know something that maybe we don't? In the end the Swine Flu test was negative and he says she has a virus and we are to watch her closely. She is only 9 months old and you can pretty much only give them Motrin or Tylenol. What do you think? Does your child or children do the same? Do you rush them to the Dr when they are feeling ill?

2 comments:

valerie said...

Honestly? No. I hardly ever took them in unless they were really sick. As long as Tylenol kept the fever down and they could take liquids then I let it run it's course. Of course with babies sometimes you not quite sure, when they are tugging their ears. Is it the tooth (Drs are dumb! Of course it is! lol) or is it an ear infection. I usually just waited it out and if it continued, then I'd go. I think a lot has to do with your gut instinct as a mom.

Jackson Family said...

I call my pediatrician's office all the time. They have a nurse line that you leave a message with your child's sympthoms and they call you back in the next hour or two. I love it b/c they inform me whether or not it sounds as if I should take them in. That has saved me MANY trips to the dr's.