Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Curtain in an hour

*Guess What? We are having a giveaway! Tell all your friends and make sure you check back next week and find out all about it!*


Girls I tell you this is GENIUS! Pure genius. Who would have thought that you could use drop cloths that one uses to catch paint spills, could be used as curtains? I love thinking outside the box. Well actually, I like it when others think outside the box for me like here . When I saw this idea I just knew I had to try it. The best part for me though is, there is no sewing involved! I can admit I am too impatient. If I can find a short cut I'll probably try it. It doesn't always work out but, this time it turned out perfect.

First I started off with a canvas drop cloth. You can find these at Lowes, home depot even Walmart, although when I looked I did not see any, but the cashier assured me they had them. I'll have to check more on that one. Anyway, I picked mine up at Lowes for $10 dollars and some change. Not bad if you ask me. I washed mine and then let it air dry like the link above did. It was a bit rough and wrinkly, but I kind of like it that way but I suppose you could iron it too for a smoother look. Three sides are already hemmed so you only need to hem one side. To do this, I just used some fabric glue. This stuff is awesome. I picked up some of this stuff to put on all my scouters patches. It stickes really good. Ok back to the curtain. Then I folded over the top about 4 inches and glued it down to make a pocket for the curtain rod. I let it dry for about 30 minutes ( I told you I was impatient!) and hung the curtain. I love it! Sorry my pictures are so dark.









It's a little rustic and I might steam out some of the wrinkles towards the bottom but I like the bit of roughness to it and I thought I might add some ribbon or material to dress it up a little bit. So that's it. A no sew, drop cloth curtain. Made in under an hour. :)

5 comments:

The Cornett Family said...

Cute Love it! It does have a nice rustic feel!

Alycia said...

That turned out awesome!!! I love it!!

Unknown said...

Cute! You could even die them or do a tea stain treatment to make them shabby chic!

And giveaway? Hello! I'm there! Do I count since we are family or should I enter under my secret name ;)

Unknown said...

Seriously I meant DYE not DIE.

I need new glasses. Or new fingers.

Taylor said...

I like them! Especially since you don't have to sew! So do they keep A lot of light out? Or do they need more fabric GLUED onto the back? I like the option of having my house DARK!!!!! Giveaway eh? Im ready.