Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday Makeover!

I don't know why, but lately I have been totally into going to garage sales and flea markets. I LOVE to find old stuff. I also like to find stuff that is ugly, or not my style and change it into something else. Take this small bench for instance. A few weeks ago I missed out on some garage sales but what better place to find a deal than to go shopping in moms basement! Look what I found.
Now really. Not my taste with the ivy painted on and it looked like it might have seen a better day or two, but I knew this baby had potential! You should have seen my hubby's face when I came back upstairs with all sorts of goodies. My dad on the other hand, was real happy that my mom was getting rid of some stuff.
I did a little sanding and used some black paint I had and viola! A new bench for my bathroom.

I really do have more plans for this bench, but I didn't make it over to the fabric store this week so this is all I had to go on, but I still love it and it goes great in the bathroom. And best of all the cost was, moms basement + paint I already had = FREE! Um..just ignore that blue checked linoleum you see on the floor. Sigh, maybe one day everything will actually match in there. lol My goal for this bench is to pick up some foam maybe and cover it in fabric to make it a little softer or maybe I'll just get some pillows. Who knows! The ideas are endless. Hope this little makeover gave you some ideas for your own house. You never know what you might have discarded away into the dark corner of a closet. Pull it out and see what you can do to give it a little more life!


3 comments:

Missty said...

You have the greatest ideas!!

I want a moms basement to shop in!!!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I like it the way it is, don't change it!

Jackson Family said...

I think this stoll is just darling--I love garage sales and going thrift store shopping! My husband and I dedicate an entire day to thrift store shopping once a month and we try to hit them all. It's so much fun!!!