Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How do you shop for Groceries?

Today I went grocery shopping. It is so nice that the kids are back in school so there is no one hanging on the cart, or begging for the coolest cereal EVER! As I was almost at the end of my shopping trip a older couple were commenting on how much groceries I had in my cart. I admit it was pretty full, and it was getting tough to manuver it down the aisle. It got me thinking on how people shop for groceries. I go every two weeks. I make a menu and then make my grocery list off of that. Have I ever mentioned how I love to make lists? I do! Love em! I also do coupons. At first this seemed like such a big hassle but the more I got into them the more I saw how I could really save on some of the very things I was buying every time I shopped. There a ton of resources on the web that you can download coupons from as well like Coupon bug. Or you can have a sil who has extra coupons and shares a lot with you! Thanks again Carrie! ;) So how do you shop? Do you go every week? Two weeks? Or do you go once a day? Tell us your shopping habits and great ways to save a few!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So, in Sweden, they grocery shop darn near everyday. A lot in the local market so, things are fresh. Carrie uses this website: http://krazycouponlady.blogspot.com/
and finds good deals all of the time. She can correct me if I'm wrong, but usually she'll go out a couple of times a week. As you can tell she does the shopping I'm just a bystander. Besides I couldn't perform nearly as well as she does!

valerie said...

Yes! There are a ton of sites out there that have all kinds of coupons and ways to save on groceries.

Unknown said...

Thanks Ryan! Thanks Val and you know I would hook you up more often if I could! I go grocery shopping depending on the deals at the stores! One time I went 5 times in one week but got awesome deals and right now there aren't so many! The best thing about shopping now is that my kids think you need a coupon to buy anything! I just need to convince them that it is true in the toy dept. also!

Jackson Family said...

I try and plan out my week and go grocery shopping only once a week so that I don't buy unneccessary groceries! I am bad about coupons but just got a coupon organizer book so would like to try and use it!

Alycia said...

I know, I'm trying to use more coupons too! I go about every 2 weeks at either Winco or Walmart but then I find myself going up the hill to Albertsons when I forgot something! Ahh, drives me crazy! I'm also trying to be better about working out meals every night for a week at a time too.

Jennifer Duce said...

Ok, I think I got this figured out. I am like Carrie and I shop the ads. I may go a couple of weeks without shopping and then I shop at every store in town in one week if they have good sales. I freeze things if they are on a good sale and I buy lots of things and put them in food storage when they are on sale. We are having case lot sales right now, That is my favorite! I have all my ads online and know what day they come out and check them that day.

Jennifer Duce said...

I do the same think Alycia. I think we all have our run and get it store. I'm lucky that mine is Winco. We only live about 3 min away from it. Another thing I do is make sure I am aware of what things are going for. Just because it's on sale doesn't mean it's a good deal. People see 10/$10 and think wow! good deal, but most of the time it isn't. I have a big family and lots of freezer space. I usually buy 40lbs of chicken when it goes on a good sale by the case here in town, if you don't have that kind of room or if you have a small family, split it with someone.

Taylor said...

I shop about every 2 weeks and I have my regular rotating recipes memorized. I have been using coupon's for about 3 months now and I like how much I can save!

Unknown said...

When we lived in Germany we were on the every two or three days plans because our fridge was so small. Now I do about once a week and I try very hard to stick to a list (I actaully just answered almost this same question over at CaJoh's, lol!). Since I buy frozen chicken breasts and tomato paste and pasta at Costco I usually just try to plana round those things and add what's on sale from the ads. I am trying to do coupons but I can't seem to make myself use them even though I have tons!

Stop by my blog on Wednesday - I'm having a Money Saving Tips day and a coupon link!