Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chipboard Albums...

I had never seen these until Valerie (she has the best idea's) had told me about them! So I went to Michael's because I looking for a new idea and got a chipboard album in the shape of a fish. I did this one for my nephew Ryder and I think it turned out great if I do say so myself! Especially for my first one. Since my sister in law Tara lives in Utah, she sent some adorable pictures of Ryder to our Walmart for me to pick up. I have a ton of scrapbook paper, ribbon, buttons, etc and so the only part I had to buy was the chipboard which was a dollar and Tara ended up paying for the pictures she sent so it was an inexpensive gift but ends up being priceless in the end! You can do it anyway you would like, there are different shapes and sizes and there's no right or wrong way to make it. It took me about 7 hours to do this and I actually loved every minute of it! Not too many days until Christmas so get started now and give a gift that nobody will expect but may just be their favorite one they receive!! What do you think?

I forgot to mention that when you buy them they look like cardboard. What I did was scrapbook both front and back with paper that I had but you can buy paper that's already cut to whatever shape you picked. I didn't like the ones they had so I did my own but you can do whatever you want!!!

2 comments:

valerie said...

super cute! Love it! I have been kind of lazy with my scrapbook pages so I like doing little mini albums. Hmmm I better get on that. I'm about 8 years behind. lol

Jackson Family said...

VERY VERY CUTE! I love the ribbon taps that you added on the sides. I too am behind on my scrapbooking!