Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by! We are so excited to see everyones comments. They have all been just great. We love to comment back as well. However...not everyone is linked up to their emails. :( BUT, it's easy peasy to do! Just go into your blogger account under EDIT PROFILE. Then under PRIVACY, check the little box next to show my email address (do make sure you have an address in there) and viola! Now we can have a little chat through emails after you've left a comment.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We're back and flea markets

*Hey ladies! Sorry we had to go on a little hiatus but life got a little crazy, but in a good way. We are hoping now with school being out, and summer coming that we can get back to sharing some of our ideas with you again, and maybe you can share some with us too. :)


Every year over Memorial day weekend there is a flea market in the next state over. Lot's of fun. Lot's of vendors. Lot's of people, and...KETTLE KORN! We always start off with a tour of the flea market. Get a feel for what is out there. I've had in my mind for awhile that I wanted a old metal washtub. The kids had a fundraiser at school and I had bought some strawberries. Wouldn't they look so cute planted in one? Almost off the bat I saw the washtubs. I gave them a looky and then wandered to the next vender. A little while later we wandered by again and I decided now was the time to give them a real good look. They had a lot of square ones between $6 -$20. Then I spied this beauty. $18 dollars. I tried for $10 but she'd only take $15. Of course sometimes if theres love you just have to go for it. I planted the strawberries today. They do look pretty cute don't they? I love how it's different and round.


I had also spied this little wooden step ladder on the way in and I knew it would look perfect somewhere in my house. After we were all done and heading out we passed by it again. I glanced over but I didn't see it and figured someone else must have snapped up that treasure. Wait a minute...did I just see....YES! It was still there. I got this little cutie for $5 bucks. For now it's on top of my kitchen cupboards.




Now that we are back in the groove again, we hope to have some more activity on our blog. If you ever have any fun ideas, or want to share, don't be shy, leave us a comment. We'd love to have you be a guest poster.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Val! I like that step stool and old wash bin! Now I am jealous I am not decorating this house but really there isn't much to work with! But I do like that step stool up on your cabinets right in your kitchen? Kind of weird still I can't just drive over...If I weren't pregnant....Maybe!! Good to see you guys posting again!!

Tina said...

Val I'll tell you what you can decorate for me and I'll sew for you you do such cute things. I wish you guys lived a little closer cause you would love the Salt Lake farmers market.